Friday, February 25, 2011

Cupcakes or Cake?

The cupcake tower has been a huge trend these last couple of years. Cake or cupcakes, I am a huge fan of all the sweets! I can't go to a wedding and NOT eat cake, I would just feel like I'm missing something. I love the cupcake tower for many reasons:

  • It's a lot more inexpensive than cake! Regular-sized cupcakes cost about $3.50 each, minis are $1, while cakes can run $4-8 per slice!
  • YOu can have a variety of different flavors, colors and decorations
  • Not everyone eats cake, so cupcake towers have the potential to waste less
  • they are oh so pretty!

You still want to have the traditional cake cutting, so I still recommend a smaller 6" cake just for the bride and groom to cut and take home. Display it at the top of your tower. What a marvelous idea!

At a couple of my past weddings, there have been so much leftover cake! I am practically begging guests to take home a huge chunk, offering it to the catering staff and venue staff ... Don't get me wrong, cake is still very wonderful to have, I just recommend asking your baker to make it for less servings than your actual guest count.

Another fabulous idea is to buy small boxes, and have your caterer package the leftover cake and leave it by the venue exit for any guests who might want to take home a midnight snack! If it's yummy cake, it will be sure to go fast!














No comments:

Post a Comment