Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Creative Food Ideas!

Came across these new and fun food trends at weddings! Photos and ideas courtesy of The Knot!

I once coordinated a wedding where their midnight snack was McDonald's french fries, a favorite snack of the bride's. It was a great snack to eat while dancing! Another wedding I was a guest at had a lot of fun foods: cotton candy, monogram cookies, chocolate fondue fountain; it was like a carnival! One day, when I get married, I definitely know what my snack/drink will be... mini spam masubi and a self serve boba bar! If you know me, you know I love bubble tea, I would drink it everyday if I could. At one point, getting boba was a task on my things to do list. Whatever it is, incorporating your favorite snacks and drinks will definitely make your wedding a memorable one.




Mini wine pairings to go with your entree! Guests would LOVE this, a great compliment to any main course.




Guests will leave early, some are stuffed from dinner, and some just don't have a sweet tooth. There is always leftover cake, and I know the bride and groom don't want to eat it all. Provide boxes for your guests to take home extra cake. You will be glad you don't have to haul 40 servings of cake home!



Make your own smore table! How cute! Provide sticks for the marshmellows, Hershey's bars, different flavored marshmellows, candles, and graham crackers. It will be just like camping.. at your wedding!



Build your own champagne bar. Let guests build their own bubbly!



Dipping bar with different types of breads, cheeses, spreads, vegetables, and oils.



Infused tea and lemonade, a refreshing idea that adds a lot of color!



Edible menus or reception programs. Thats definitely a new one!



Interactive hors d'oeuvres bar, let your guests make requests to sample different appetizers!



Soup shooters! Fun and easy to drink in one shot! No spoon needed here!



Comfort food all dressed up! Personalize your snack container with monograms and labels.



Luau bar! Better yet, let your guests mix their own drinks with a suggested menu!



Mini donut tower. (I was in Starbucks today, and they sell the cutest mini donuts with pink frosting!) This can be an alternative to that cupcake tower or your cake, and great for on-the-go snacking and inexpensive dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment